Wednesday, June 29, 2005

There is No Dragon Part 3

That night, at midnight a bell rang, and a woman from the village stepped outside with a torch in her hand. She walked to the edge of the village to signal for the dragon, who would never eat another one of them. She waved the torch in the air and stood there for at least an hour. Waiting for the dragon that the village denied ever existed. Waiting for the dragon that was never going to come again. And then she waked back to the village relieved that this dragon that was and was not, hadn’t been hungry this night.
Two dragon slayers watched from the top of a nearby hill.
"What’s wrong with those people?" Zede asked.
"I don’t know," Jared answered. "It’s almost as if they’re afraid to be free!"
"Well, I’ll be a fairy princess!" Zede mumbled as they both turned and walked away.

4 Comments:

Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

That's my boy!
Born to be a dragon slayer...

8:47 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

Dani Scully left this message on my e-mail: That is a cool story. I've never been much on dragons and stuff, but he writes very well and kept my attention all the way through. I read the whole thing. Very good.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

An entertaining and thought provoking tale. So many people hide their dragons thus. Perhaps this more than any other reason is why there are so few dragon hunters.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

This is an excellent start! I am completely impressed!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home