Saturday, August 06, 2005

Prose into Poetry

another story "civil disobedience" is on the way...
but while it's being edited and typed
here is one of my poems from the cell

I am the least of all God's people
The lowest of the low, the scum and the dross
My darkness has come to the light
All my gain, all my righteousness is now counted loss
Hated and Despised because of sin
Less than the least of all God's people - so stained
Living proof of the power of grace
Living sacrifice to the God that took my shame

I will speak of what my God has done
This grace has been given me
To speak of His unsearchable riches
By which He has forgiven me

Before I used to love to boast
I wanted everybody to look at me
I though that I was doing so good.
My good self was on display for all to see
But since my pride wanted me on display
"Everybody look Where I'm At!"
I wanted everyone to look at me
So God showed them what they'd be looking at

Still I will speak of what my God has done
This grace has been given me
To speak of His unsearchable riches
By which He has forgiven me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home