Wednesday, December 21, 2005

To Many Debates?

It seems that more and more of my time is being spent writing some of those nonfiction essay things that somehow get more traffic and comments (albeit, most of them from Wanderer) than my short stories, poetry, and that weird Darkness thing. I want this blog to be a showcase for my fiction, not a place for me to rant and rave about the world around me! But I love to rant and rave about the world around me! It's fun! Many writers love to do it, and I am no different. Sometimes I can just write a short story, poem, or song about an issue (such as "Stikora" or "Civil Disobedience"), but there are times when only one of my longwinded angry rants will do. Then, a good portion of my site is used up on that and my stories get pushed to the background. People come to this site, read those little essays like "The Path to Everywhere" and "XMAS" and don't even realize that I am writing fiction here. Besides, "Dawn is Coming" is classified as a site for Christian Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror stories (so far the only real "horror" story is "The Old Man", but "Darkness" comes close) and those essays do not fit into the category.
I do not want to stop writing them though, so I have a dilema. It's a small dilema, but it is there. So I ask you, faithful readers (Wanderer and the other two of you) this question: Should I continue to waste space on Dawn with my satirical nonfictitious rants, or should I create a new blog just for that and my author's comments (does anyone read those? To me, they're about as important as the stories)? Should I make a new blog where I can complain about society, comment on Christian and religious issues, and just go off on stuff like I sometimes happen to do? Let me know what you think? It would be interesting to see which of the two gets more traffic? Let me know! Comment and tell me what you think. And I may have a sort of "Name that Blog" contest or something if I do make one.
God Bless, ARTHUR B ROBERTS
And please hurry up and let me know because I am preparing one on Intelligent Design and my fingers are just itching to start typing away at it! Where should I put it!
Merry Christmas!

6 Comments:

Blogger Wanderer said...

Quite frankly I enjoy both aspects that this blog has taken. While I don't see why they can't coexist on the same blog, I also have no problem visiting both of your blogs if you split them. As it is I wander through so many that I wouldn't really notice the extra stop. (Well, I would notice slightly, since I always stop by yours and MaryEllen's first, ordering my visits afterwards based on priority, so if I run out of time I don't miss the important ones.)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

WHY THANK YOU WANDERER...

10:09 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

stick with just one...

11:54 AM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

so that's one "nay" and one "I don't really give a flying fig bar!" I do accept anonymous comments now, so let me know!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ardy! Hows it going? Got your e-mail thought I check out your blog.... :oP Hope you're well! TTYL

2:00 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home