Tuesday, February 07, 2006

note this note...

Okay, here it is. I am so sorry that it took so long. My theory (or is it an excuse?) is that since I told everyone in my last post that my New Year's resolution was to post something every week this year, I somehow cursed myself into writer's block. Nobody ever keeps their resolutions and I think I decided to break mine early and get it over with.
Anyway, I feel comfortable guaranteeing that Part Six will be up within the next couple of weeks. I'm also thinking about a poem or two and another dragon slayer story. But I've been busy, distracted, stressed out, and tired, and those are the writer's four biggest enemies!
But, enough about that. Nobody ever reads these stupid author's notes anyway, do they? It's like the preface of a book or the notes that Stephen King puts at the end of his short story collections about how his stories came to be. I think the only person who reads those things are other writers and those who like to think they're writers (like yours truly). And, now I've just about spent as much space explaining why nobody reads these things as I did explaining the story.
One more thing: Not to get off on one of my crazy rants, but I recently heard something on TV that made me chuckle. A commercial used the phrase "Valentine's Day Season" and I almost sat down to write a long spiel about Valentine's Day (which is actually a religious holiday, but few atheists seem to care) and the other major holidays of the season, including President's Day and Groundhog's Day, but then I thought better of it. It would only be a stupid joke and I thought it would be better as a foot note on an author's note that only Wanderer will read! (Hi, Wanderer!)
God Bless, Arthur B. Roberts.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanderer said...

By the way, I wanted to ask what made you think I would read this one. ;)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

you read it didn't you?

9:57 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Yeah, I was kind of joking with that, given that I wouldn't have known he said I would unless I had.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home