Monday, March 06, 2006

author's note

Well, we're finally at the end of this little adventure. Let me apologize for the delay. Those of you who know me personally know how crazy and busy the last few weeks have been, but I found the time and wrote the ending. I hope you all like it. I left it the way it is for a reason. It is obvious from Part One that Johnny arrests his brother, so there is no mystery there. But I ended it like that for a few reasons. First of all, it seemed fitting for them to leave the funeral and pretend like all was normal. I don't know why, it just did. Secondly, this isn't the last of Johnny Cramblit. This short serial is a prequel to a Novel I have written called The Fanatic in which Johnny Cramblit plays a pivitol role, and the events of this story are very important to that one. That novel now sits in limbo on a disk while I work on other projects, but rest assured, if I don't sell it withing the next two or three years, I just post it online.
The theme of brother vs brother is prevelant in Scriptures, and in Christ's predictions of the end times, He warns his followers that in the end, brother will betray brother to the authorities. If a future such as the one I describe in "Johnny" does come about, there will most likely be many scenarios like this one.
This story was hard to write in a lot of ways, but I hashed it out and finished it. I am a little disappointed with how it turned out, but I felt that this story was writing itself from the beginning (all you writers out there know what I mean) and it ended the way it wanted to. Sometimes a writer just sits back and watches a story take form almost independently of his vision. But finally, the story of Johnny is over (for now) and I can devote my time to other projects. Maybe another Dragon Slayer story, or I can finally get back to Pastor Stephen Markham or Danny Baker. We'll see what happens next time I sit down to type. Until then, God Bless,
Arthur B Roberts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home